I am a technology leader who empowers a diverse workforce through mentoring, hands-on teaching and building sustainable teams. With a career rooted in systems engineering and programming, I can navigate all aspects of systems, networking, storage, and software/application operations while maintaining tactical and strategic focus.
Senior Manager, Operations
Transitioned from Engineering to Operations to build upon career acumen.
- Managing a 24x7x365 team responsible for mainframe, Windows, Linux, VMware ESX, Veritas Netbackup, Oracle tape library, and other general data center functions.
- Modernizing daily operations technologies.
- Managed transition of on-site team to 100% remote.
- Building Tier-1 support and incident response teams for application and system processes.
- Interfacing between engineering support teams, operations teams, and business teams to solve complex product operational challenges.
- Participating in SOX, SSAE, government regulator, and internal audits.
- Mentoring peers, junior leaders, and individual contributors.
Senior Manager, Systems Engineering
Promoted to Senior Manager of combined engineering team, building upon Supervisor responsibilities.
- Managed various technology platforms, including Linux, Windows, VMware, and Infoblox. Experience with Dell, HP, and Cisco hardware.
- Managed 24x7 systems in on-premises geo-diverse data centers and cloud computing providers.
- Platforms included high-performance computing, database, real-time transaction processing, batch processing, web/UI/presentation tiers, general applications, and data center services (DNS, SMTP, NTP, SNMP, and authentication/authorization).
- Evaluated and procured data center hardware and software.
- Maintained periodic software licensing for Linux, Windows, VMware, and data support systems.
- Managed compliance with government regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Engaged in workforce management and coaching direct-reports in areas of individual career development.
- Bridged the “understanding gap” between business and technical staff and led cross-team collaborative initiatives.
Supervisor, UNIX Systems Engineering
Promoted to Team Supervisor, building upon Senior/Lead responsibilities.
- Provided day-to-day engineering support and guidance to a team of UNIX/Linux engineers.
- Managed UNIX and Linux infrastructure projects and provided final approval of technical designs.
- Managed team vacation time, on-call, and timesheets.
- Conducted yearly performance reviews, career coaching, and disciplinary actions.
Charter Board Member, McKesson LGBT Employee Resource Group
Joined board as a charter member, working with corporate sponsorship to establish Atlanta-based Employee Resource Group.
- Worked with senior leadership and corporate Diversity & Inclusion team to craft LGBT-friendly workplace policies.
- Organized and hosted employee engagement events.
- Continued to advise board after service term.
Senior/Lead UNIX Systems Engineer
Designed, architected, and implemented enterprise Linux systems.
- Designed, architected, and implemented Linux high performance compute clusters, Oracle databases, system deployment/management services, LDAP authentication/authorization platform, and virtual systems deployment (VMware ESX, Xen, and KVM).
- Provided day-to-day direction to junior System Administrators.
- Worked with peer teams to deploy and manage service and software implementations.
Senior UNIX Systems Engineer
Designed, architected, and implemented enterprise UNIX, Linux, and VMware ESXi systems.
- Deployed and managed Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems, Solaris systems, 3PAR SANs.
- Maintained internal and external DNS infrastructure.
- Architected and implemented VMWare ESX systems.
- Managed F5 Load balanced pools of Apache HTTPd, Tomcat, and Email services.
- Designed, deployed, and maintained NetBackup services.
- Managed public internet/customer-facing production environment.
- Created a web-based interface for production statistics reporting, service management, and preemptive service outage alerting.
Senior Systems Engineer
Served in various roles including Windows desktop support, desktop support supervisor, and senior Windows & Virtualization engineer.
- Deployed and managed 400 Windows NT 4 desktop systems.
- Deployed and managed a multi-tier real-time payment system on Oracle Database and Windows Server platforms.
- Managed a multi-site Windows NT domain for data center and corporate desktop use.
- Managed and maintained a multi-site Microsoft Exchange platform.
- Participated in a significant data center move.
- Organized and lead several satellite office consolidations and relocations.
- Participated in a steering committee to architect and deploy virtualization infrastructure.
- Participated in steering committee transform & modernize data centers.
- Maintained UNIX and SAN platforms.
- Managed NetBackup platform and StorageTek tape libraries.
- Implemented Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure on Windows 2000 servers.
- Managed Systems operations at four remote data centers.